Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's Almost Here...

The wedding countdown has begun! And there has not been one dull moment! I am SO grateful for my friends who have encouraged me, blessed me, prayed for me and saved my life. Well...maybe not my life, but definitely my reputation! The groom-to-be has thrown me a few curve balls this week and the ONLY reason that I am bailing him out at this point...honestly...is so that I don't look bad! Really, if this wasn't a public affair, he'd be toast!

Oh, I'm going to miss that boy. I'm going to miss hearing him sing and play his guitar in his room when he thinks no one is listening. Many times have I stood outside his door and soaked it all in.

I'm going to miss coming home and finding a mound of clothes neatly folded on my bed because the laundry room was overflowing!

I'm going to miss turning on the surround sound, popping in the latest worship DVD and critiquing it together.

...and the list could go on and on.

This is going to be an amazing weekend and hopefully I'll have pictures to share with you soon. I can't wait! The next time we talk, I will be a mother-in-law!!!!

4 comments:

Susie said...

I couldn't help but think about my own son reading this. Praise God I have at least 10 more years with him.

I'll keep praying for you, and may this weekend be a beautiful memory you all will cherish for a lifetime.

Sohl Gal said...

DeeDee... I can see your sweet expressions through your writing. I am praying alongside you that this weekend is beautiful. To the nicest mother-in-law-to-be I know... hugs, friend!

Alene said...

You leave me bawling! What a precious post. I too love those guitar sounds and raised voices coming from my sons room. I've spent many an hour standing outside the closed door taking in every moment and praising God for him. My son is not getting married, but will be moving out into an apartment next week as college starts. Oh my - I'm going to miss his music, personality and laughter around this house! Praying for you. How cool your family is growing.

DA Wagners said...

I'm so excited! I will be in your same shoes someday when my little boys grow up!!! I love, love the new blog!!!