Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Miss Texas USA














My sweet Meg (son Byron's girlfriend) was in the Miss Texas USA pageant this past Sunday and we took family and friends on a road trip to Laredo to support her. It was amazing! It was televised live and when the countdown started and the girls came out to do their first dance, I spotted Megan (Miss Portland) and the tears started flowing! I was so proud of her. She is beautiful, inside and out, and she has such a heart for God. I've had the blessing of having her in my life for the last 3 years and I have claimed her as my own. I know God has great things in store for her!


Our friends, Mandy and Daniel, made the trip with us and brought their girls (who I've also claimed as my own), Abbey and Brooke.

8 comments:

Susie said...

That is so cool that Megan was in the pagent. I wish I would have known to look for her. I watched part of the show, but had no idea. She looks lovely!

Brooke said...

this is so awesome good job deedee!!

love you brooke

DA Wagners said...

I saw it on TV! I was just flipping channels for a second and when I saw Miss Texas, I stopped for a while and watched. It was very cool to see the young ladies to their thing! Megan is so beautiful!!!

Brooke said...

The pic of the girls is so cute. We had so much fun. Mandy

Canadian Bird said...

I wish I would have known to look for your Megan while I was watching... She is beautiful! Glad you had a fun, safe time!

Canadian Bird said...

I wish I would have known to look for your Megan while I was watching... She is beautiful! Glad you had a fun, safe time!

Christina Ketchum said...

I saw it with Alisa on TV! I wish we would have watched more of it. She is very pretty and I bet that was a wonderful experience for her! How fun!!!

:-) Christina

Susanne said...

Come over from Susie's to say hello and welcome to Blogland.