Friday, June 29, 2007

God of Wonders

I'm singing this weekend at church and it's always a blast...unless I'm soloing. That makes me nervous. So I've been a little anxious this week, trying to get my music learned and convincing myself to be brave. As I was singing the lyrics, "God of wonders beyond our galaxy," I had a moment. I was singing to the God of the universe who is infinitely bigger than I could possibly imagine, and to try and gain a better perspective, I googled the galaxies. It was amazing! There are galaxies upon galaxies that are millions of light years away from us, some of which we will never see the light of. Some have stars that are 3 times the size of our sun, and Earth is just a fragment of the heavenlies that God created. I am a microscopic speck of the world He created, yet in all His magnificent-ness, He genuinely cares about me. In fact, the miracle is He dwells in me. The God who spoke the universe into being lives in me. It's silly that I (tiny, tiny inhabitant of the globe) would think that the Creator would be concerned about my insecurities, but He is. He is amazing and if the sweetest gift I can give Him in return is to sing about His wonders, then that is what I'll do. And how could I not? My world is spinning in His hand and the very breath I breathe is because of His ingenuity. He sustains life as we know it, spinning the globe every 24 hours, not too close to the sun or we would burn up; not too far from the sun or we would freeze. The gravitational forces have to be precise or we would float away and yes, He does all that! So I'll be singing this weekend...with all my heart, "The universe declares Your majesty! You are holy...holy!"

6 comments:

The Glow Girls said...

I wish I was there to see you sing . You have an amazing voice. My youngest is going away for the week tomorrow so I've got her off.
You are awesome and love your blog.

Sohl Gal said...

What a great entry, DeeDee! Devo? I think so! You did an amazing job this weekend. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Brooke said...

HEY DD
Why worry... you sang that song millions of times and you're awesome!!! And remember God is always with you!!!

(p.s. how do you get the pic by my name like tiffany did!?)

LUV YA, brooke

DA Wagners said...

I love it when you sing. I literally get chills. You have an awesome voice and such an amazing stage presence. I want you to lead worship at JANES events. That would be so wonderful!!!

Canadian Bird said...

DeeDee...your voice is more than awesome! I was blown away! I know you've sung before, but I don't remember your previous solos, if there were some. I love "God of Wonders..." & you SO did it justice!
Your blog is great, btw & I look forward to checking in regularly!

Robin

DeeDee said...

You guys have blessed me! Thanks for your sweet comments!