Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Muddling.


I wish there was a point at the end of a particular life season where we could place a well-defined bow around it and set it on the mantle for all to admire.  Lessons learned could be neatly displayed, not only to be seen, but gleaned from... nuggets of truth for any onlooker.  It doesn't always happen that way.  But if it did, it would be easier to publish my thoughts.

Writing is scary.  Posting your innermost thoughts is scary.  Making mistakes is scary.

So my idea of a writing timeline is to wait until a particular season comes to an end and then put the proverbial bow on it and gift it to someone who needs one, a bow that is, of their own.

I wish.

It is one of my heartfelt desires to have meaningful words that resonate with, refresh, maybe even revive another soul. To write without purpose seems a waste of time.  But it's not.  I've come to realize that all writing is purposeful and the words we share, and ultimately leave behind, are powerful.  They have the ability to bring life and death. Scripture says there's power in the tongue.  So there must be power in the thoughts we release through pen and paper or digital means. 

So here I am.  Ready to share.  With no bow on my season. 

I don't have all the answers, but I'm willing to talk about it while I muddle through it.  Maybe you're in a season.  A funk.  A frightening journey. An empty space.  Maybe we could muddle together? Now that I think about it, isn't that ultimately what it's all about? The "together"?  Well then...

Muddling coming soon.

No comments: