Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Only Three Weeks Away...

It's hard to believe, but we are just three short weeks away from Byron and Meg's wedding! It just doesn't seem possible. I have to say that Meg is everything that I have ever prayed for in a daughter-in-law and I can't wait until she is officially mine. Having two boys has been the sweetest blessing, but for years I have longed for a girl of my own and I'm about to get her!

Most of my wedding to-do list is marked off except one thing. Byron and I can't seem to come up with a song for the mother-son dance. Meg and her dad are dancing to "Cinderella" by Stephen Curtis Chapman and I haven't made it through that song once without crying. So by the time their dance is over, I'll be a mess. I was really hoping to find a song for B and I that won't leave me in a heap!

This is the happy couple in New Mexico this past Christmas. Precious to me!!!




4 comments:

Susie said...

DeeDee, how exciting for you! I found a cool website for you with mother/son song possibilities. It is http://www.wedj.com/dj-photo-video.nsf/motherson.html!OpenPage

I personally love the Barry Manilow song and Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me". Sappy, I know. Oh and I do love me some Kenny Rogers "Through the Years." I'm sure there are more current songs to use, but I'm all for oldies-pleases all ages.

Susie said...

Hey friend, our computer with all my emails recently crashed. Could you please send me yours? Thanks!

Oh, and you need to come over for coffee (oops, I think it's tea you prefer)sometime soon! I would love to catch up.

Shonda said...

DeeDee,
I want to post to this last week when you sent me the link to your blog. But first I wanted to upload a slide show I did for my son's graduation, but I didnt load it on youtube.com yet. But I used a song for his graduation called "My Wish" by Rascal flatts. I used Ps. 20:5 from the message translation. "When you win, we plan to raise the roof and lead the parade with our banners. May all your wishes come true!"
Engrafted by His Grace--

Shonda said...

P.S. I pray you find the right song for this special moment. :)