Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No Wonder!

I am still in awe of God's sweet provision, so it's possible I may ramble a bit when I tell you this story. Hang in there with me because it's very good! It's such a great picture of how God leans in to meet the most specific needs in our everyday lives.

One of my concerns about this recent journey is that I am uneducated in the area of breast cancer. I have an appointment coming up on the 19th with the surgeon and I have been feeling quite inadequate to participate in the conversation I am about to have with the doctor. Until tonight. My sweet friend Renee set me up with her mom who works at the Cancer Center here in CC as the head of the (get this) BREAST CENTER! I had the opportunity to meet with this precious woman and ask her every question imaginable. She gave me the facts, encouraged me, and then we prayed. Can I just say right here that praying for my healing in the office of the Cancer Center before I have even begun a single treatment was not quite what I had imagined for my first visit there?! Isn't God gentle? Listen to this:

"My heart is confident in you, O God; NO WONDER I can sing your praises with all my heart!" Psalm 108:1

It's absolutely true. My confidence is in Him and because of that, I am free to praise Him with all my heart.

Thank you sweet blog buddies for your prayers and precious comments. I will keep you posted as I know more but in the meantime, I will be abiding in Him!

7 comments:

Alene said...

DeeDee, I am bawling. God is so precious and good. YES our confidence is in HIM. That has been on my heart this week. I couldn't believe it when you quoted Psalm 108. That was on my heart for my Monday Devotional at http://beyondmedevotional.blogspot.com/2008/11/be-confident.html

Love and Prayers
God will be glorified!

Susie said...

I'm busy one week away from blogging, and now I'm just ready this for the first time.

Oh DeeDee, the Lord is good and He will continue to give you comfort through this trial. I am so sorry that I didn't know until this morning while checking your blog.

I love you sweet friend, and will set a prayer time for you each day. I have had a couple of big requests lately, and God has never made his presence more known.

Please know that I am home during most days, and if you need a friend to ride with you to appts, or to take you to lunch or ANYTHING, I am here.

Went back and read Psalm 91. What a great Psalm. He will provide rest and refuge for you -His precious child!

Lastly, thank you for sharing this personal journey with us, and let me know if I can do anything for you personally. Love you!

Joy Junktion said...

God is so good. It is wonderful to hear that you met with someone who could answer so many of your questions before you meet with your surgeon.

I am continuing to pray for you.

Blessings, Cindy

~April said...

love you sweet DeeDee!

Alene said...

Hey girlie - left you a message last night. Sure hope you got it. Stopping by to pray for you. Can't wait to visit again soon. Love ya!

DA Wagners said...

Thank you, thank you for sharing this journey with us! God is so good and I see Him at work ALL OVER this situation!!! He is not somewhere off sitting on a distant cloud; He is right here on earth, weaving His goodness and faithfulness into every fiber of our lives!

Laurie Ann said...

Please know I'm praying for you as you and God together with your team of medical doctors battle this disease. Our God is bigger than cancer!