Monday, July 30, 2007

Ropes Course

This past weekend, we took several girls from our women's ministry (JANES) to a ropes course and it was amazing! A ropes course is designed to promote teamwork, problem solving, building trust and character, and just getting to know each other better. All of these things and more were accomplished. Fears were conquered, new friendships were made and old ones were strengthened. Every challenge had a lesson or spiritual application about life and ministry. One of my favs was the "log roll" you see below. We had to stand on a log and then rearrange ourselves in alphabetical order without stepping off the log. At one point, we realized that if one person would squat down, another person could step over them with the help of those on their right and left. It's the same in life and ministry. When you humble yourself so that someone else can advance, the whole team wins. What an awesome illustration! If you've never taken this challenge before, I would highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed. For more about our day, head over to Alisa's place! She has a great post about our adventure.















7 comments:

Laurel said...

Hey Deedee,

I was just browsing through random blogs and came across yours. I have been asked to give a talk to women about self-worth, and I will be using your Elenor Roosevelt quote in one section about feeling the fear and doing it anyway. I also loved your thoughts to new blogging sisters. Thanks for the uplift.

Sohl Gal said...

DeeDee, this was such a great time. Thanks for letting me be a part in planning it!

The Glow Girls said...

Whats our next adventure? I'm there. It was tons of fun and I really enjoyed getting to know a bunch of new gals.

Carol said...

It would be nothing short of a miracle if any of our ladies showed up for a day like this. We're a bit wimpy that way. Awesome that your group did this!

DA Wagners said...

Wahoooooo!!! That was totally fun! I just love gettn' to know ya activities w/ the girls.

Christina Ketchum said...

I am so jealous that I was unable to attend! Perhaps we can make the ropes course challenge a yearly thing! Looks like everyone had a blast and really got to know each other.

DeeDee said...

Hey Christina-I'm hoping we don't have to wait a year before we do it again. Maybe this Fall we can arrange another trip!